Sunday, July 1, 2012

We have made it to Hong Kong! 

Only a few small delays, but Nick and I were able to meet up at the airport baggage claim without any problem.  We were both lucky to have no one sitting immediately next to us on our flights although I did have a very nice lady sitting in the window seat and we had some pleasant conversations.  I'm sure Nick was happy to not have the obligation of interacting with another fellow human for the duration of his flight.  My biggest gripe was the movie selection in which I had the option of watching the new Eddit Murphy movie where he can't talk (ugh) or John Carter, which I did watch and subsequently hated.

I decided to do a personal test and forgo sleeping for the entire duration of my trip in an attempt to get over the time difference more quickly.  It did not work, but I am happy to say I can in fact stay up for 24 hours although I'm pretty sure it does not make me a better human being.  I was, to put it mildly, very cranky.

I think we are going to rally and go on the Peak Tram today.  But first I must go eat a Hong Kong buffet breakfast. 

Also, here are some not very exciting pictures!

 The transfer terminal in San Francisco

Some reading for the trip

I have arrived in Asia!

All right, that flight was only 16 hours.  What?
  I need to wait another four hours in baggage claim for Nick?
Ok.... :(

After 24 hours of not sleeping this was a sight for sore eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment