Monday, July 9, 2012

Surviving in Hangzhou

I made it to Hangzhou.  The school isn't originally where I thought it was, turns out it's way outside of town in a rural area.  It was hell trying to find a taxi that knew how to get out to the school, but Lingli who picked me up was very sweet and helpful and we finally made it.

Things have been very hectic and communication isn't very good here, but we're slowly figuring things out.  I'm getting ready to teach my first class tomorrow.  Turns out I'll also be the "training" teacher for the other teachers since most of them are undergrads in other majors.  The other teachers are really nice so far, although much younger than me, and the Chinese teaching assistants have all been very friendly and eager.  Here are some pictures of my accommodations.  Don't worry, I managed to get a real pillow and bedding for the bed after a pretty hard first night of sleep.


Hangzhou New Oriental School

My dormitory

The dining hall (not air conditioned) :(

Classroom and teachers

My luxury bedding accommodations

Squat toilet in shower.
It's about as awesome as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment