Monday, July 2, 2012

We got out and about and yes, it was very hot and humid.  Three years ago, I took a cold shower everyday I was traveling during my Europe choir trip and it looks like I will be returning to that habit for the duration of my stay here.

We made it to the Peak Tram and walked around the Sky Terrace, which is basically a nice mall/tourist shopping center.  The view from that high up was great but it was a bit scary going up such a sharp incline (which the picture below doesn't really capture that well).  After that we walked down to the Hong Kong Garden and went through the Aviary before calling it quits and heading back to the hotel for A/C refuge.  We'll probably try to go back to the Hong Kong Garden tomorrow cause there is a lot of cool stuff there.

I think the plan is to get dim sum tonight for dinner so look for food pr0n pictures soon!

To the Tram!

The Tram!

Looking towards Kowloon Peninsula (north)

Looking towards the China Sea and Lantau Island  (south and east)

Nick doesn't know how to pose for pictures

Cool looking Dragon Fruit at the store

Hong Kong Garden

These are called Victoria Crowned Pidgeons.
They were the size of large turkeys.  Terrifying turkeys.

This is what the humidity has done to my hair



No comments:

Post a Comment